Job Summary: Performs supervisory and administrative work overseeing the security, operations and maintenance of the Lake Michael recreational facilities on weekends.
General Statement of Duties: An employee in this class is responsible for the general weekend operation of the lake. Work includes opening the lake, taking fees, writing receipts, and general maintenance of the lake. Employee must enforce lake rules and regulations. Employee works under the regular supervision of the Parks & Recreation Director.
Illustrative Examples of Work:
- Removes trash and debris from the lake and grounds;
- Enforces rules and regulations;
- EAssists the general public with questions and payment of boating and fishing fees;
- Inspects piers and playground equipment for safety and necessary repairs;
- Ensures bathroom facilities are clean and stocked with toiletry products;
- Reconciles revenue from and maintains a record of transactions;
- Takes shelter reservations and monitors the use of the shelters and facilities;
- Must be able to work two weekends or more per month.
- Must be able to drive a pontoon boat.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of state laws and local ordinances governing lake, wildlife and recreational areas;
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions;
- Ability to enforce rules and regulations in a firm and courteous manner.
- Ability to avoid and/or diffuse volatile situations.
- Ability to cooperate with City authorities, public and private groups and agencies and the general public.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational support functions of walking, talking, standing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, hearing, and repetitive motions.
Must be able to perform medium work exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Working Conditions: The employee is subject to the hazards associated with recreation work including working in both inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme hot and cold weather, and exposure to various hazards such as loud noises, exposure to vibration moving mechanical parts, electrical current, chemicals, fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases and poor ventilation, and oils.
Education and Experience:
- Must be 18 years of age or older to apply.
- Any combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to perform the job tasks.
- Possession of a valid North Carolina driver’s license.
- Training in CPR preferred.
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Working Hours: 12:00 noon to 8:00 PM on Saturdays and 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM on Sundays. Hours and weekends may vary.
Disclaimer: This classification specification has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to perform the job. The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions section of this classification may vary from position to position and a more thorough description of these elements can be found in the employee’s Position Description Questionnaire (PDQ). The City reserves the right to assign or otherwise modify the duties assigned to this classification.
Please mail, fax, or email an application, current resume, and cover letter to:
the Human Resources Department, City of Mebane, 106 E. Washington St., Mebane, NC 27302.