The collection truck is on a scheduled route. It is difficult for the truck to return to your address if your garbage is missed because it was not put out correctly or was put out late. Place containers at the curb no later than 6 a.m. on your collection day. Remove your empty container from the curb by midnight on the day of collection. Containers should not be left on the curb during weekends. Your cooperation in abiding by this requirement helps keep the City of Mebane beautiful.
The City of Mebane contracts recycling services with Waste Industries. The recycle truck picks up every other week.
For additional information about recycling please contact:
703 E. Gilbreath Street | Graham, NC 27253 | (336) 229-0525
Yard waste acceptable for collection are grass trimmings, leaves, garden trimmings and brush. These items must be places in a permanent, reusable can or other receptacle to be provided by the customer. Disposable plastic bags or other disposable containers are acceptable and will be serviced. Small brush items must be cut to a length not to exceed 5 feet and tied in bundles not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Remove all sticks from leaf piles
- Yard waste should be placed at the curb and not in the street, separate from other household garbage and recycling
- Large quantities of brush will be collected at the earliest convenience.
- Grass must be bagged or put in cans to prevent clogging of storm drains. Please call (919)563-3401 for pick-up.
- The City will not pick up yard debris from contracted work
Seasonally, the City offers a leaf vacuum service in your neighborhood.
- The truck rotates on a North side and South side route, alternating every other week.
- Sometimes if workload is light in their assigned pickup territory, you might see crews passing through your neighborhood looking for leaf piles. These are “extra” trips and do not cancel your regular pickup days. The crews will return to your neighborhood on your assigned pickup days.
- Despite all advanced preparation, adherence to these schedules depends on weather and equipment functioning properly
- Parked cars hamper leaf pickup. Please be considerate when parking on the street and avoid parking near leaf piles on schedule pickup day.
Bulk items such as appliances will be collected only if you call the Public Works Department at
(919)563-3401. Please keep such items separate from regular garbage.
The City does not collect debris from building or contract work, tires, shingles, concrete, masonry, rocks, dirt, stumps, logs, hazardous chemicals, paint, or sealed containers. For Disposal of these items contact the Alamance County landfill at (336)376-8902.